Friday, November 8, 2013

(Twist) Random Ramblings

Yeah, I'm out of words. Yet I feel compelled to write something... Anything. It's an insanity that I find amusing. Like a hand writing even after the pen's gone dry...



I am lost in thoughts and tied up in what I do for a living. I haven't been very active in this part of the net, and I feel that I should be posting here regularly. It bugs me like a guilt, and it screams that it doesn't feel right to do otherwise. But then I realized that I've been posting stuff here not for any avid reader but for myself. Yet still, maybe this is just me trying to justify why I write here anyway.

There are a lot of things that distract us apparently. Just try logging in to some social media website and you'll find out just how quickly time flies. Case and point, before I posted here I was trying to bore myself to sleep by reading stuff over Facebook. The next thing I knew two hours have passed. Not that I really mind it... It's my day off after all. Same goes with Twitter and the others. It's amazing that I've quit watching TV altogether and our television and my Nintendo Wii that I bought sometime ago with the intention of playing videogames just does nothing but collects dust. The power of social media is scary. When you immerse yourself in it time seems to speed up. So why do I partake in this?

It's not really because I'm being a gossip, but rather it's because it somehow helps me see relate to people. I have lived the life beyond the LCD. Sadly for folks like me it's not very pretty. If you're ugly, you're bound to see the ugly side of people. Just as those blessed with beauty are surrounded by "nice" people. Funny how beauty distorts how people of the opposite gender react to you. Too bad for you if you're among the spectrum of the aesthetically deprived. You'd have to exert more effort. Pft! Well enough of that. It's been like that the whole time. People just don't admit it.

I can  conveniently unplug and disconnect myself from society like I used to do but sadly that could mean cutting connections with good people I've come to know. Over the years the friends you still have no matter how life has driven you insane with all the abuses from trash that surround you and a traitor or two that devastate you are the ones who've stayed true. The only time I'd burn bridges with friends is when we're on the same side at a distance getting comfy with some beer and popcorn... And I'd detonate the explosives in the bridge. Did I mention there's popcorn?

Funny how I've written an entry this long. And it's only half an hour that has passed. I really should concentrate more on content creation (posting, writing, etc.) rather than content consumption (watching, reading)... Time doesn't seem to rush when I do that.

 ... Speaking of watching, I have around a hundred videos in queue... I wonder when I can watch all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment