Wednesday, August 5, 2015

New Look, Less Confusion, More Wonder!

Fiddling with stuff when I feel like it.

I suppose it happens every now and then. I recently had some itch to fiddle with things, namely the blogs. Though I've still been churning out content here and there from time to time, I have mostly not been very particular with the layout, look and feel of the sites. Maybe partly because I didn't like fiddling with CSS. Viewing the CSS code in Blogger was partly confusing as well. 


Then again it's perhaps because I haven't written a single CSS code yet. I have an idea about who it works from the books but when you try to check CSS from an actual webpage, it becomes a bit daunting. But the blogs were looking a bit old already and I believe it's high time for some updates.

And so I did. It was a bit of a compromise though. I didn't want to spend too much time laboring over CSS, and at this point I didn't really have anything particular in mind. I'm glad that Blogger has a decent set of sample templates. I managed to start off from the existing templates and customized from there. It didn't turn out too bad. I admit Wordpress is more powerful, but for my whims right now, I think Blogger hits the spot. 

For this blog, Confused Wondering Learner, I changed the current look and feel into something less dark, but a bit more sentimental perhaps. Photographs and the lighter shade of colors convey that feel to me. But hey, I still update some tech stuff here every now and then. 

For the other one, Lost Wandering Drifter, I opted for a bit darker mood, and a bit more personal, to convey my propensity to wander to uncertainty at times, and to write about it, and yes, take pictures. I customized the background into one of my photos, a dark and moody image of a local coffee shop taken at around eleven at night, hence the emptiness. I have inclinations towards night shots over any other subject. Even indoors, it's the same. I particularly liked the hand image holding coffee cherries in the background, which was very appropriate for the setting. The headers or titles feature handwritten-esque titles and entries that give a typewritten look.

Well, enough rambling from me for now. Here's to more wonders, wanderings and learnings. Any thoughts or opinions are appreciated. I'd appreciate it if you can let me know what you think. 


No comments:

Post a Comment