Saturday, September 22, 2012

(Art) The Mother

Yes, I'm dabbling in poetry again. Same poem with a different twist. I just modified it a bit to sound less cruel and judging.

May this be a reminder for you, and me:
Remember that our parents have loved us truly.
In their protective care we have flourished.
Bred for tomorrow, with love we are nourished.

This precious life I hold to shall be born
For their chance to exist, I'll never scorn:
This is a precious wonder to the world I'll deliver.
Just like my mother, a chance to live, I'll be a giver.

There will be no excuse, like indifference or ineptitude.
To deny this being a chance to life is pure ingratitude!
All struggles for my safe delivery then were hard-fought,
The pain, love and anguish, will never be for naught!

The joy of this innocent will be a reward for my valor!
With the bliss of newborn life, all anguish made up for.
I will deliver this life for in others I have learn
If I deny this I'll regret in pain and in hell I'll burn.

All this I sacrifice for I was beloved by my mother.
Like I was cared for, I must love my offspring like no other!
It's hard now but I will not give in to indifference.
My unborn will someday be great and will make a difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment